Friday, August 1, 2008

The end of an era

Laura here again. Two of my co-workers took me out to my favorite tea shop yesterday for an early birthday lunch, since when my birthday comes around next week, I won't be at work.
Today there was a lovely farewell party and my office looks really empty as I put away all the personal effects to take home.
Adjusted to not having a daily 8 hour job is going to be tricky. I know that I'll only have two weeks to completely remove all furniture and "stuff" from our three-bedroom town house before it's ready for renters, but I'm afraid I won't make myself stay structured. The job stretches to fill the time, and I am a classic procrastinator. But I am going to try to FLY through this move.
Thanks again to Lois and Gloria for the beautiful send off.

No comments: